Superior, Proven Technology
What makes Latitudes composite decking and railing special is the Strandex® technology it employs. Because each "strand" of wood fiber is encased in high-density polyethylene, Strandex technology resists the effects of weather and decay in every climate. Our exclusive material blend includes wood fiber ground to a fine consistency—like flour—allowing for a more uniform look throughout the board. And, unlike other composite products, the plastic used in Latitudes contains no post-consumer scrap, which means you get reliable long-term performance. And now, our premier lines are capped with the same durable technology used on golf balls, packaging and on many other products that keep their good looks and performance even after the toughest, most rigorous use. With this technology, you can rest assured that your Latitudes deck will retain its beauty and strength for decades to come.
- Through 2008, almost 100,000 miles of Strandex fortified deck board has been produced—enough to circle the earth more than 3.5 times.
- Strandex Corporation has been dedicated to composite technology development for more than 18 years—and their staff has 195 years of combined experience in extrusion and composites.
- Strandex has been working for over 10 years on new composite developments with Washington State University's Wood Materials and Engineering Laboratory in Pullman, Washington.
- Strandex has also been working with the Office of Naval Research for over 10 years on composite materials for waterfront facilities.
- The Strandex patented process technology means consistent quality. Decking and railing using Strandex technology have a proven record for strength, durability and low maintenance. Decking using Strandex technology was recently awarded “Best Buy" status by a leading consumer magazine.